BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jigsaw Cooperative Learning

As a future language teacher, the intent of jigsaw activities to help students to lift one another would be phenomenal in my classroom, as in language studies there are always students who lag behind and students who excel. As far as computers go, I could use them in many ways. If I wanted to teach my students something about the French culture, I could have each group create a newspaper, each having time on the computer to research, and then write their articles. Once they've completed that, each group could share a copy of their newspaper within the other groups. There are many possible activities I could do, and I hope to implement the jigsaw method into various typical language learning activities. I think the disadvantage is always the risk to students who may struggle more with the language, as they may have a more difficult time accomplishing their tasks. This will however allow students who excel the opportunity to teach. The advantages have been listed many times in the reading, but the obvious is the way it enables students to work together and encourage one another.

0 comments: