It seems odd to be doing an entry the day before my weekly weigh-in but this month the 9th falls on a Friday, & so far I’ve been able to weigh in at exact month intervals. I only have one more monthly weigh-in to go. CRAZY!!! And the 9th of May is on a Sunday so that won’t work. I’ll probably just weigh in on the 10th, keep it as close as possible. And then my official final weigh-in will be the 17th of June.
I can’t believe I’m more than halfway through already! That does make me really anxious to get it in gear & really push to the end, but it also makes me happy because even though I’ve stumbled, a LOT, I’m still on this journey. I don’t have the slightest clue how long I lasted on Weight Watchers, but with the nutritional thing I did before, I lasted about three months & two weeks. So I’m ALMOST to the point where I’ve stuck to this longer than anything, & I don’t feel frustrated or like it’s unattainable or unmaintainable. Yes, I realize that rhymed.
This month has been really rough, & it shows in my numbers. I didn’t lose much this month, & I attribute that to my HUGE lack of exercise, my slacking both in eating enough, & in eating healthy foods, it was overall just a bad month. HOWEVER. With all this crap, I still lost. Even if I maintained this monthly loss until I hit my goal (approximately 155), I would get there. I wouldn’t get there until about the end of 2010, but I would get there. Obviously I want to get there faster than that & I will, but it’s going to happen! No matter what, I will be healthy, happy, & fit. I don’t have delusions about ever having my perfect body, but I’m on my way to the best body I can have.
One of my biggest goals is to be small enough that even if I were to have an extremely heavy pregnancy at some point, I would still be under 200 pounds. If I can stay under 200, somehow mentally it will feel more attainable. I know I can lose 30, 40, even 50 pounds. & I know I can & will lose this 80ish pounds, but I never want to have to lose it again. I’m not naïve enough to think it will be this easy to stay motivated when I have a husband & kids demanding my time & energy. I’m sure I’ll happily give it (most of the time) but the more healthy I am, the better I can give those things. So I have to make this work now, & then keep making it work. One of our zumba instructors is pregnant & she has so much fun working out. I want to do that! I want to go for long walks with my husband & do zumba & whatever else I can find to keep busy & fit. When I was born all my mom’s baby weight was gone like a week later because she was so busy & active trying to finish her bachelor’s degree, & I can do that. Maybe not quite THAT, but enough to feel like a good healthy mom instead of a total blob.
So you can see I’ve thought this all out & I have as good a grasp on my motivation as I possibly can. I didn’t get to take pictures this morning so I had to take them tonight. And as always, here are my initial pictures & pictures now for your viewing comparison. Enjoy!




And now, my official weight is:
206.4
I have lost 31.6 pounds, a little over 13%, & 4.4 pounds in the past month. So I've got a good ways to go still but I am on my way & never looking back!
1 comments:
Too awesome!!! Your comments reminded me of the wonderful phrase "Slow and steady WINS THE RACE!!!" Good for you, having such a wonderful outlook! YOU ROCK!!! ~~Mom and Dad
Post a Comment