BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Look at me go!!!

So this semester's been a time-consuming one so far. Nothing I can't handle, but three of my four weekends in February will be spent at school in workshops. Totally worth it, but still, lots of time. I have 25 credits for this semester. I completed four over winter break, so I'm down to nineteen. This last weekend was one of three weekends for a three-credit workshop. I have two more weekends, one in March & one in April before I complete that. So it'll be done before the final rush, but still a ways to go for that one.

The other two weekends will be one-credit workshops, so I'll be down to seventeen credits when March rolls around. I managed to work it so that I have a lab Monday 6-9:30, Tuesdays are horrible where I'm on campus 9-9, & then Thursdays are 9-1:30 unless I ride home with Barrett when I leave at 3 instead. So really, I get a nice break, even when you throw in all the homework time & karate & work. Work is still changing but either way, no big there. Karate I'm hopefully going to start teaching some time in the relatively near future, so I'm there Wednesdays & Thursdays. And I've been incredibly blessed because my online Geology class is so easy! Normally online classes get fairly rough, but this one we have a three & a half hour lab, a chapter or two, sometimes three, to read every week, & a half hour to an hour of video clips. How sweet is that?

With all that going on, I've gotten off track with my weekly check-ins. I'm going to try for this weekend but truthfully, this workshop is at 8, so even earlier than last weekend. I'm not sure I'm that tough! :-D & Sunday's up in the air. It's also knocked me off schedule with my training for the half-marathon so I really need to get back on that. It's just a matter of setting a specific time. We aren't going to be able to do the one we planned because it's the day of my graduation & after all this, no freaking way am I not going to walk!!! but there are others so we'll just see when we decide to do it. I've always wanted to, so I'm going to do it!

So here's the important thing. I was skimming through old blog entries looking for a specific picture & happened to also find another. Austin & I took a "before" picture last January when I started the Treasure Valley Weight Loss Challenge. Obviously I didn't complete it or meet my goal for it, but I refuse to look back. I have mapped out what it will take to get to 170 (Sephora's approximate weight) & therefore most likely my goal dress, as our builds are almost identical. I have also mapped out what it will take to get me to 150 by my graduation on May 14th. It seems fitting to reach two huge, longtime-coming, life-changing goals at the same time. I'm not certain 150 is exactly my goal weight, but it's the high BMI considered "normal' for my height. I am significantly more muscular than your average female, especially for my current size, so it may not be logical to hold myself to that standard. I may even be fine going smaller but with my build that seems incredibly unlikely, & possibly even unattractive & unhealthy. I mean I'm fine with losing a couple cup sizes & I wouldn't even mind terribly getting all the way down to a "C" as long as I looked good but come on! So yeah, 150's likely to be the absolute lowest I'll go, but that's my goal.

NOW! Back to the point at hand. Greg says I seem much more scatter-brained lately. It's know of random for me. I'm focusing quite well in school (except for the semi-frequent glances at the clock), & I think I'm focusing much better in karate as well but he's right. There are often times, probably more often than not, where my brain skips off on 5 different trains in the same amount of minutes. All freaking well! This picture of Austin & I is an excellent indicator of where I was, & exactly how far I have come thus far. The second picture is, granted, four months old. It was taken after he received his 3rd brown on October 2nd, 2010. I'm thinking I'll have us take another tomorrow at the studio, but oh my GOSH look at the difference!!! I have such an amazing support system in my two families. Just another motivator to keep going strong. Te amo querido!

1 comments:

Diana Law said...

Cool!!! It's all so exciting!!! WAY TO GO, Mary!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!