I have this contradictory little view of myself. I think I can do anything, but I can't do anything at all. Not exactly healthy, to put it mildly. Also, incredibly difficult to reconcile two hugely different points of view. For example, tonight I was torn between passing out and throwing up and strongly considered doing one then the other. Korey, Ali, & I got into a pretty good routine for about a month of going to the gym virtually every day. They've been going to a new gym, & I decided to join today so that I could go with them tonight after karate.
Without question, my biggest obstacle in being healthy is my eating habits. I love breakfast foods, but HATE breakfast. I've had a horrible time eating in the morning for as long as I can remember. I wake up sick to my stomach, & eating usually makes it worse. It's something that when trying to lose weight, I've always had to just push through. I've never really managed to get around it. So I really don't eat breakfast, & I often don't eat lunch or if I do, it's not till one or two in the afternoon.
Today I slept late, & didn't eat before leaving to sign up for the gym & to teach my karate students. I have this theory that it shouldn't matter if I eat or not because I should just be able to power through. No, I don't think that's reasonable. I'm not completely insane. But it's still what I think I should be capable of. I don't know why. It's not fair to me. Obviously I can't get anywhere being cruel to myself like that. It's insane. It's horrible. So somehow I have to figure out how to just be human.
I've decided to enter the Treasure Valley Weight Loss Challenge for the third time. I don't think I even told anyone about the second time. The thing is, winning would be awesome. I like winning, & I like money. But ultimately I just want an extra motivator. It's important. I need all the boosts that I can get. This is nothing new for me, & not something I'm doing specific to the new year. But last year SUCKED, & I want this year to be better in every way possible so I'm trying some new things, & trying really hard to bring back some old ones. I haven't decided how much I'll use this blog to chronicle, but I'm sure I'll do it at least some of the time. I'd like to regularly measure again, but I haven't yet set up a plan for that. It's all kinda still in the works, but I'll get there someday.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Superwoman, or Superweak
Posted by Mary Jess at 12:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment