In my last relationship, I felt so grateful to have such clear guidance in what I should do. I didn't know why. It took me a long time to act on that guidance, because I didn't trust myself. Once I decided that the why didn't matter because I was absolutely certain what needed to be done, there were suddenly more whys than I could have imagined existed. The answers came to me once I chose to act in faith on the answer which I had already received.
I'm coming to a very surprising conclusion. The times of certainty are incredibly challenging later on. It creates almost a paralysis of analysis. I've always loved that phrase, especially given how accurately it describes the state in which I often find myself. I assumed that because I could so clearly tell when something was wrong, that I could also do the opposite. I felt absolutely certain in the decisions I was making. Some, even most of them, I continue to remain steadfast in that certainty. Decisions that I have made lately have been the most selfish decisions, in the most healthy way possible, that I have ever made in my entire life.
I'm not good at choosing myself. I used to think I didn't know how. But I've started to give it a try & while I'm not a huge fan right now, I quite like my picture of what my life will become if I continue to do whatever it takes to get myself healthy. So now I'm doing my best to figure out how to do that. I got what feels to me to have been a huge sign. I'm not sure how to explain it. Two close friends announced their pregnancies to me today. My entire life, I have wanted nothing more than to be a mother. I think I'm learning that whatever it takes to get there, I need to do. So in the near future, I think I'm going to have to make some rather serious choices to be certain that my life will be everything I want it to be, at least so far as it is within my control. God's promised to take charge of the rest.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Say Something
Posted by Mary Jess at 11:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment