So this weigh-in was another frustrating one as I'm still retaining a ridiculous amount of water. But today I drank over a hundred ounces so I'm getting there. I'm going to work my way back up to an ounce per pound but for this week at least my goal is a minimum of a hundred ounces a day. Gotta start somewhere right? My workouts have also gone downhill with school & homework & my sucky time management/sleeping skills but I'm sticking to it. Get off one day, back on the other. Today's workout was fun. When Sephora & Austin & I went looking for my goal dress we went to Ross & I found 3 workout DVDs. We have several & I've bought 5 now myself, but never used one this go-round yet. I've meant to but by the time I get home from work I'm wiped & not interested but I'll get there, just need to sleep more & earlier. My goal this whole time has been to work out twice a day & I'll get there. Anyway, so I busted out a Kathy Smith Latin dance DVD & Allie & I did the first 20-minute workout & then Mom & Dad got home & Mom hopped in. Awesome!
It's been a good week honestly. I've been very very grateful for my mother's CPT training because if I weren't measuring whoo boy I'd be getting sick of this water retention game. But I know what I have to do to fix it & I will, & I know even though the pounds aren't showing it the way I'd like, my body is. Twice in group class this week Austin put me in a rear bear hug & said "I can fit my arms all the way around you!!!" I had never realized he couldn't so I'm grateful that when I did, it was already in the process of changing. He has been such a wonderful support, randomly texting me to say how proud he is & to keep going. My parents constantly tell me how well I'm doing & even better, that I'm inspiring & motivating them. Who doesn't want that?! Tonight was so much fun, I was (& still am) wearing stretchy pants & Allie looked at me & said "you do look thinner". How do you not love doing wonderful healthy things with your family? That's the whole reason for this right? To be healthy, to be with my family & to raise my own in a healthy, happy, active way.
Bring on the pictures!!
I've started this little ritual in the past couple weeks where every time I take new pictures I compare them to week one and see what differences I can see. I often cheat & look where the numbers tell me to but I'm okay with that. The thing I can see the most, in the pictures, in my daily life, is my face & I LOVE it!!! I can see it in my neck, but mostly I just see it overall again, just a general slimming thing going on which is great! My water retention is SCREAMING at me in my flaming red legs & my ankles that are only down to 8 7/8 inches instead of 8 6/8 but I'll fix it. OOO!!! I don't know if it's the underwear I'm wearing but I choose to think the fact that I can't see my underwear in this week's picture also means the shorts aren't stretched so tight now. I guess we'll see next week right? I lost an eighth in my under chin flab this week & I can see it! & my arms are smaller too! I can never really see it from the front, but the sides! Just awesome. Yeah I'm frustrated to be as big as I am, but thrilled that it's changing!
And now for the numbers!
Numbers as of Saturday, February 6, 2010
Official Weight: Unknown
Right Arm-Flex: 13 3/8 in. LTD: 1 4/8 in.
So there are my FABULOUS numbers for the week, yippee, & on to next week! Oh, & wish me luck with this water retention crap because I've got my first official weigh-in this Tuesday! I've decided I'm going to try & weigh-in at the month point from my original weigh-in as much as possible & I think for the first two months that'll be doable so I'm sure I'll check in with that & take new official weigh-in outfit pictures Tuesday night. Here we go!!!
3 comments:
You are doing great! I know that the water retention sucks, but keep it up! Hey, you have still lost over 10 lbs in 4 weeks, that is great! It is really the measurements that matter anyway right? Screw what the scale says, it is those size 8 jeans that I want!
Mary, I check on your sight weekly to see how you are doing and to hear your inspirational words. You are so honest on your sight. It is nice to hear how you can fall of track, but pick yourself up and get right back on. You are showing us it's okay to be human and take a turn her and there. I can see the changes in your pictures in your waist and stomach and I "LOVE" them! Keep up all the hard work and know I am right behind you cheering you on!! Love ya!
Hey Sweetie! I just have to thank you so much again for the inspiration you're providing for me!! When I was "off the wagon" last night, and you did not eat a thing, I was WAY IMPRESSED!!! I'm just sorry I'm not always the best example to you! Thank you again for inspiring me!! Also, I have to say thank you for letting me be a part of this journey with you. I love doing the Personal Training work with you that you're letting me do!! Way to go on the self-myofascial release, stretching, and excellent exercise that you did this week!!! It is SO FUN to be on this journey with you, and I hope you know how VERY PROUD your Dad and I are of you, as always. Most importantly I want you to know, and always remember, that we love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!!! We're just happy that you are feeling happy with this journey you're on!! Love you so much!! Mom/Your Personal NASM CPT and ACE LWMC:)
Post a Comment