BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seven Come Eleven Down in the Boys' Gym

Hahaha I love that song. Nothing to do with anything except that it's the first thing that came to mind when I thought about this being week seven, plus I figure I can look forward to week eleven right? I'll be almost halfway through then! Oh, if you don't know the song here's the link, it's funny: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/648799855941285780&ei=S2-JS_7pLNDN8Qa09tiVDw&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAcQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNEksrNAMJa1AHxcUUrrTXPoTzfAbw

So I've been sitting here more or less staring at the computer for awhile now. I am tired! Zumba today was awesome, but it wiped me out. I've been tired all week with school & junk, & it occurred to me that it's okay to give a tiny update & go take a nap, so that is what I shall endeavor to do. Dad & I are hopefully running to the store today to get me some biking shorts so I can give cycling another whirl. I really want to have at least one class a week I can go to religiously & unfortunately early morning is my only possibility. My mom was ecstatic with my weigh-in today for two really big reasons. #1 I lost AN INCH & 3/8 on my hips this week, CRAZY!!! #2 My waist to hip ratio is now BELOW 80, which is apparently a huge health indicator. Basically I'm now at low risk for obesity-related diseases instead of moderately high like I was before. SWEET!

Now my weight is still driving me crazy because it refuses to budge from this trend of going down all week & then going up Saturday morning so I didn't quite break 20 this week but all well, I'm still down 3.4 so that's great. I'm just sulking that I really wanted pizza so I had a Smart Ones meal & of course until I got on the scale this morning it didn't occur to me that it would bite me in the butt since I calculated it & everything. I hate that. In happier news my ankles are back down & I FINALLY lost in my calves & some more in my thighs so it appears the evil curse of the water retention is gone! I can't think of anything else I want to say & I REALLY want to shower & take a nap so here are the pictures!




Minor note, since of course I did my traditional then & now comparison. Everything is becoming much more defined, which is REALLY good, but kinda blech. I don't like the shape that I am, but I'm not just plain round anymore, which is good. Not sure that makes sense but I know what I mean. And here come the numbers!

Numbers as of Saturday, February 27, 2010
Official Weight: 219.6 lbs.-Tuesday, February 9th
LTD: 18.4 lbs.

Home Weight: 215.8 lbs. LTD: 19.2 lbs.
Body Fat %: 47.2% LTD 3.1%
BMI: 35.96 LTD: 3.2
Blood Pressure: 108/75 CTD: 21/9
Heart Rate: 73 CTD: 2
Neck: 14 3/8 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Under Chin: 9 1/8 in. LTD: 3/8 in.
Upper Arm: 15 in. LTD: 1 4/8 in.
Right Arm-Flex: 13 2/8 in. LTD: 1 4/8 in.
Right Arm: 12 4/8 in. LTD: 1 6/8 in.
Forearm: 10 3/8 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Right Wrist: 6 2/8 in. LTD: 2/8 in.
Upper Chest: 42 5/8 in. LTD: 3 1/8 in.
Bust: 44 6/8 in. LTD: 3 in.
Ribcage: 40 in. LTD: 3 2/8 in.
Waist: 37 4/8 in. LTD: 3 2/8 in.
Navel: 42 in. LTD: 5/8 in.
Abdomen: 47 4/8 in. LTD: 2 6/8 in.
Hips: 47 in. LTD: 3 in.
Right Thigh: 28 in. LTD: 2 6/8 in.
Right Knee: 15 3/8 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Right Calf: 15 4/8 in. LTD: 4/8 in.
Right Ankle: 8 6/8 in. LTD: 4/8 in.
Waist to Hip Circumference: 79.7 LTD: 1.8
Total inches lost to date: 30 3/8 in.

And finally just for kicks, here are Sephora & I post-zumba! I want some exercises for my nasty jaw flab, hahahaha, but it'll go away eventually right? Right! On to week 8, only 10 more days before weigh-in #2!!!



Oh, & as I've said many times before (but not enough), I am so grateful & thrilled to be undertaking this journey with my family right beside me. It's so great to have my dad get up & go to spin class with me & my mom weigh & measure me once a week & both of my parents go out of their way to buy me healthy food & go for walks & to the gym with my sisters & I just want to reiterate over & over & over again how truly blessed I am to have such a fantastic support system. Derrick (my karate instructor) has been absolutely WONDERFUL about checking on me & pointing out how well I am doing & he will never know how much I appreciate it. This week my lesson was fantastic & that is one of my favorite parts about getting healthy, the way my mind & body start to work so well together & everything just flows SO WELL! I love it! Austin is, as always, fantastic. Tuesday night in ground fighting class there was a time we had to pick up our partner & he was like "great, cause I can fit my arms around you now!" I was like "oh shush you, you can't pick me up" but he totally did! It's such a fantastic feeling, to just keep pushing & succeeding & feeling better all the time with incredible people constantly cheering you on. Thank you all so so SO MUCH. I love you all.

Oh! And today during post-class stretching we had our arms pulled behind our backs & I looked in the mirror & just stared. My waist is there! So exciting....

1 comments:

Diana Law said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!!! It truly was an awesome privilege to do your measuring, etc. today...and see your Waist to Hip Ratio at under 80%!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!! I am so very proud of you for all of the hard work you're putting forth!!! YOU ROCK!!! Love you so much, Mom