So yesterday the Treasure Valley Weight Loss Challenge kicked off, & I officially began this journey. Of course it was tricky from the beginning. Austin & I wandered all over downtown Boise after the weigh-in which was a great start of course, but figuring out what to eat...ugh. We made a decent choice though with Mongolian BBQ & I feel good about it. Plus my friend Tait's birthday party was that night & guess how much I ate there. NADA!!! Go me! & there was cake & cookies, & cupcakes & chips & homemade root beer...& I didn't even touch it. YES!!! Okay so there's the little chronicle of my first day, now begins the photo journey, woo hoo!
I decided that I wanted to have a specific outfit for my weekly measurements, which my wonderful certified personal trainer mother is wonderful enough to do for me. I also wanted a specific outfit for my official weigh-ins. The day started with my mom informing me our scale is broken (of course) but thankfully she also has a body fat thingamajigger that measures weight as well. So without further ado & no more apologies for the scorching your eyes shall receive, here are my pictures, taken by my wonderfully supportive parents. Hahaha I just realized you can see my underwear in one of them...all well!!!
So this is my measuring outfit. It's one of Sephora's old workout suits & aside from the fact that it fits horribly (for now) I love it & it does the trick quite nicely. It probably smushes stuff a bit but since I'm using it to measure every time I figure it will still gauge the differences.
This is my lovely official weigh-in outfit. It's just a pair of my regular workout pants with the most ridiculously tight karate shirt ever. The last time I lost like ten pounds I wore this shirt & Korey could see a difference so I figured it was a good enough indicator to use.
Austin & I waiting for me to weigh in
Waiting to weigh-in
Up next!!!
My goal dress
My gorgeous new fridge full of yummy healthy goodies just for me, from my fantastic parents, yippee!!!
And now the moment I know you ALL have been waiting for. I'm hoping to figure out some better way to do this, an excel worksheet or something but for now this is as high-tech as I get.
Numbers as of Saturday, January 9, 2010
Official Weight: 238.0
Home Weight: 235.0
Body Fat %: 50.3
BMI: 39.16
Blood Pressure: 129/84
Heart Rate: 75
Neck: 15 1/8 in.
Under Chin: 9 4/8 in.
Right Arm-Flex: 14 1/8 in.
Right Arm: 13 2/8 in.
Forearm: 10 6/8 in.
Right Wrist: 6 3/8 in.
Upper Chest: 45 6/8 in.
Bust: 47 6/8 in.
Ribcage: 43 2/8 in.
Waist: 40 6/8 in.
Navel: 42 5/8 in.
Abdomen: 50 2/8 in.
Hips: 50 in.
Right Thigh: 29 3/8 in.
Right Knee: 15 6/8 in.
Right Calf: 15 6/8 in.
Right Ankle: 9 in.
Waist to Hip Circumference: 81.5%
Sunday, January 10, 2010
And So It Begins!!!
Posted by Mary Jess at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You rock!! Thank you so much for inspiring me! Also, I hope I don't embarrass you by saying this, but I just have to say I was so impressed that you bought ABSOLUTELY NO sweets or artificially sweetened treats on our shopping trip yesterday!! Then you ate that whole grain sandwich, green peppers, apple and skim milk for lunch! And to top it all off, I read here that you had nada at Tait's party. YOU ROCK!! Again, thanks for inspiring me. Love you so much, Mom. P.S. My goal is to post here on Sundays. I apologize if I end up posting more often than that...
You are AWESOME!! Sounds like you are off to a great start! I am excited to see your progress.
Post a Comment