And so ends week two!!!
This week a few things happened, & oddly enough a couple of them I'm rather proud of, simply because they mean I am growing overall. And no, not really in the bad way. I should preface this by saying consistency kicks my butt. I am so obsessive that in the past any time I have gotten off-track, even if I intended to get right back on the wagon, I never did. Well this time, I allowed myself to get off twice & then, miracle of miracles, got right back on!!! Not really proud of the fact that I got off at all but it is HUGE for me that I got back on instead of just slamming the heck out of myself. I never do that!!!
And here, for your reading pleasure, are the stories. I always get up with my family to read scriptures and then jaunt on downstairs to the treadmill for a 45-minute walk/run. Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, & everyone got a vacay except for me, so no early wake-up call. I knew that before going to bed, & set my alarm twice, deciding if I got up fantastic, but if not it was okay too. I'm not handling this early morning thing so well because I have such insomniac tendencies, but I've been pushing through it figuring my body will eventually get the memo. So far not much luck, so the extra hour or so of sleep was incredibly welcome. I intended to get some kind of workout in that night but by the time I got home from work & ate dinner, it just didn't happen. Guess what I did when I got up for scriptures the next morning? Yup!! Went right back downstairs. I've always known exercise wasn't attainable as a lifestyle change if it was something I would slam myself for if I didn't do it one day, so I'm thrilled to see I can do that, although obviously not going to make a habit out of it.
No weight loss journey is complete without some tragic tale of delicious tempting food that won, so here is mine. First I have to say that my wonderful other family, to which belong the fabulous older sisters who have unceasingly commented & supported me already, has the world's greatest cookie recipe IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Now I'm kind of known for making them & my guy friends beg for them all the time. Well, I've got a friend, who admittedly is mildly cute (hahaha, I don't even care if he reads this) and really fun to spend time with. He leaves for the Air Force for like 6 months on the 23rd of February. We decided to hang out Tuesday & he asked if we could make cookies. With him leaving in a month, I couldn't say no. :-/ So we made the cookie dough & I was fine until I had him try the oatmeal dough before I put in the chocolate chips because both are SO GOOD. Well he said it tasted funny, I didn't believe him, so he had me try it. What do you do when a good-looking guy stands in front of you offering you cookie dough, I mean really?! So yes, I caved. Way more than I should have, but not enough that I got sick which is saying something since chocolate usually knocks me on my butt. The next morning I was SO TIRED but instead of sleeping I got up, got on the treadmill, & ran for the first time since I started this whole thing. I've been trying to work up to it because I tend to have a lot of ankle & calf issues & I wanted to make sure I didn't render myself useless.
Sometimes having a mother who is a CPT is a mixed blessing. Mid-entry she asked if I would like to do what is called a step test, & it is used to determine one's cardiovascular efficiency, maximum heart rate & target aerobic heart rate. OW!!! The idea is you step on a chair 18 inches high (sounds MUCH shorter than it is, I promise) 24 times/minute for 3 minutes, up to 72 times. I was on track, although in pain, until the last minute & I sadly only made it to 67 steps, but all well. The whole point of this party is to see where I'm at & when I improve. So at this point my cardiovascular efficiency is 45.39, which falls on the high end of Fair. Not great, but not bad while still leaving room for improvement. Wow, this entry is much longer than I expected. I thought for once I had nothing to say. Hahahaha silly me, like that's ever happened. Pictures!!!
Before I go on with the numbers, I shall pause (don't worry, it won't be long & you won't even know the difference) & compare the first three weeks' pictures. Starting with front...ugh, yeah, you can tell I went right back to bed this morning. & now you shall all enjoy my running commentary. I can definitely see a small difference in my neck, a little in the boobs & arms, mostly I just notice a very small shrinking of my upper torso. Even so, not bad for 3 weeks! Oh, & yes I recognize I might be biased since I already know my numbers.
Right side: I can definitely see the difference in my stomach & abdomen, yippee!!! I was going to say my boobs actually look bigger, but they look more defined because I'm losing around my ribs, sweet! Left side same thing, although it seems more obvious to me on this side, go figure.
Back: Okay first off from week 1 to week 2 I can see a slight change in my waist & hips, odd since neither of them had a HUGE change. Week 3 everything just looks a little bit more compacted.
And now finally, measurements!!! Oh, & last week I forgot to double my extremities last week so I will remember to do that correctly today. Some time I may go back & fix last week, we shall see. Oh, & my heart rate might have been higher because I was scrambling all over trying to find my weigh-in outfit. I never did find the right bra but thankfully I got the same one in another color, yay! Oh, & my biceps are apparently changing rapidly. Down a bunch, up a bunch, who's buff now?! Oh yeah.
Numbers as of Saturday, January 23, 2010
Official Weight: Unknown
Home Weight: 227.2 LTD: 7.8 lbs.
Body Fat %: 49.0 LTD: 1.3%
BMI: 38.83 LTD: 0.33
Blood Pressure: 108/70 CTD: 21/14
Heart Rate: 79 CTD: +4
Neck: 14 6/8 in. LTD: 3/8 in.
Under Chin: 9 4/8 in. LTD: 0 in.
Right Arm-Flex: 13 6/8 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Right Arm: 13 1/8 in. LTD: 2/8 in.
Forearm: 10 6/8 in. LTD: 0 in.
Right Wrist: 6 3/8 in. LTD: 0 in.
Upper Chest: 43 4/8 in. LTD: 2 2/8 in.
Bust: 47 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Ribcage: 41 4/8 in. LTD: 1 6/8 in.
Waist: 40 in. LTD: 6/8 in.
Navel: 42 in. LTD: 5/8 in.
Abdomen: 48 7/8 in. LTD: 1 3/8 in.
Hips: 49 in. LTD: 1 in.
Right Thigh: 28 4/8 in. LTD: 7/8 in.
Right Knee: 15 5/8 in. LTD: 1/8 in.
Right Calf: 15 6/8 in. LTD: 0 in.
Right Ankle: 8 6/8 in. LTD: 2/8 in.
Waist to Hip Circumference: 81.6 LTD: +.1
Total inches lost to date: 11 1/8 inches
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Moving Through Week Two
Posted by Mary Jess at 11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, 7 lbs....you kick it girl!!! I am so PROUD of you for staying on track with a few stumbles, that is so AWESOME! My question, do I know the hottie you made cookies with and is going into the service????? Curiosity kills the cat! hehehe!!
Way to get back on when you fall off!! Great work!!
How does that saying go? It isn't how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up after falling! You rock that you got back up after you fell!!!!! That's the way to do this for a lifetime. YOU ROCK!!~~Mom
I can't tell if my comment actually went through or not, but just to be safe I'll say "way to go on getting back up each time you fell!"
Post a Comment