So I have some extra time on my hands & as always I figure, why not talk? I've decided to make a disclaimer here for future reference. I use the word boobs ALL THE TIME. I've avoided it thus far to avoid offending anyone but while I care very much about other people's feelings (usually so much that it becomes a detriment to me), this blog is for MY catharsis. This blog is about me, & me alternates between loving & hating her boobs every other hour.
My sisters & I remark daily how grateful we are for the excellent proportions we have been blessed with. Despite the havoc I have wreaked on it, I have a great body! (I promised to be blunt remember?) & yes, I am going to come right out & say it, I am grateful for my boobs! Hahahahahahaha. Yup, I said it. I am infinitely grateful that when most women either have too much or too little, I was blessed to be the former. I do recognize that it is a blessing, really!
That being said, once you've been truly fat, your perception of yourself is forever skewed. Anything big seems like a horrible thing. I think Ali may be the only person I've told this, but one of the biggest reasons I blew right back up after losing 50 pounds was my boobs. Crazy right? But before I went into the hospital I was professionally fitted for a bra & I had gone up to a DDD! I laughed, but crazy as it sounds, I was crushed. As much as I had lost, I was still huge.
That is why I chose to write that disclaimer, because in my fight to lose weight, I have "don't be the girl with the ginormous boobs!!!" at the top of my list. That is why, as thrilled as I was by my fabulous numbers last week, I zeroed in on the half inch that has come off my boobs. Because I am desperate to make them an asset to me emotionally instead of a liability. So I warn you now, I will no longer be tip toeing around the boobs issue, I will be dancing as it disappears! :-D
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Losing Assets
Posted by Mary Jess at 9:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mary, this is something that I can totally understand. I lost about 50lbs earlier this year. My bras all got too big and I was so excited that my huge boobs had finally gotten smaller. I went to get measured only to discover that my cup size had not changed, but I had lost several inches off the band size which just made bras harder to fine. I have had to come to embrace the fact that I have huge boobs. Love ya! You are doing great! Don't let that get you down :)
I second Liz! I've lost a lot this last year too (70ish pounds) and well, they haven't gotten much smaller. It is hard to feel great sometimes about dropping the weight when you still can't get a button up shirt that fits around the boobs. Try not to stress about it. Love you!
OOPS> There's a chance I may have passed this on to you...sorry!!
Post a Comment