So I'm going back through my journal looking at things because today (Wednesday) is/was kind of an important day from my past. I found something that I think is especially applicable at this time in my life so I'd like to share it. Enjoy!
Saturday, Aug. 28, 2004 - 12:19 AM
So once again a child makes me think about life in a new way. We watched "Aladdin" today & later Allie asked me what my 3 wishes would be. I had to really think about it, just because I wanted to give her an honest answer. My first wish was that whatever life brought me, I would be happy with it & trust that it was for the best & things would happen as they were meant to happen. Don't go thinking I'm all poetic or anything though. I saw it on a movie once & thought it was like the best wish ever. Then I said my second would be that I could spare my children the things that I went through when I was a child. But now that I think about it, I want them to be strong enough to conquer anything life throws at them, so I guess that would go back to my first wish. So now I need another wish. But then my third (which took me awhile because those two basically cover it all) was that I would have enough money to never worry about having enough & to be able to take care of people who didn't have enough. When I was little I used to literally cry when I saw people on the side of the road begging for rides or money. Especially when I didn't have any. Even now if it's a bad day I'll still cry. That's one thing I would definitely love, to be rich enough to have a hundred in my pocket any time I saw someone who needed money & just give it to them. I know a lot of them are cons but you know what? They'll be judged for that & how awesome does it feel to help someone that needs it that badly? Ooo, I think I thought of a replacement second wish. Something along the lines of wishing that whatever life threw my way, it would continually make me a better person, & that I would be strong enough to face down whatever came along. As nice as it would be, I don't want to avoid trials. I want to become the absolute best person that I can, & I know that the refiner's fire is much hotter than I could ever imagine surviving, but he knows just how hot to go before I crack. And I want the faith to trust that. I do wish there was some magic way to just have it. But if it just...came, it wouldn't really be faith.
1 comments:
Cool...WAY cool!!! Thanks, because you've again inspired me!!!
Post a Comment